Here are the requirements for your visa photograph. You may have to take a new picture if your photo does not meet the following requirements.
- The size of the photograph must be 40 mm X 30 mm. That is 4 cm in height and 3 cm in width. See the diagram below for exact measurements of the face ratio.
- The photo must be taken within three (3) months of the submission date.
- The photo must be clear and in focus.
- The background must be clear, and not have any shade or decoration.
- Your face should have a neutral expression.
- Your face must be clearly visible. Glasses, hats, masks, hair, cloth, or any other artifacts that hides or obscures your picture are not allowed. However, some head wrappings are acceptable if your face is clearly visible.
- Your face must be centered and facing forward to the camera. Off-center and / or angled pictures are not allowed. Make sure your chin is not too high or too low either.
- Write your full name on the back of the photo.
- Your picture can not be digitally manipulated.
Where to take a photo for your visa?
The easiest and cheapest way to take a picture for your visa is in a photo booth. You can find them in many metro and train stations. These booths can take pictures of many different sized and backgrounds, and there are simple instructions as how to take a picture correctly. It has also the standard background and correct amount of light and focus.
You could eventually go to a professional photographer to get a picture taken, but this will take more time and money than it’s worth.